This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Does Everyone Have Your Buddy?

Week 16
Weight Loss for Week 16 = 1 pound
Total Weight Loss = 21 pounds
% Weight Loss for Week 16 = 0.4%
Total % Weight Loss = 7.66%

Week 15
Weight Loss for Week 15 = 1 pound
Total Weight Loss = 20 pounds
% Weight Loss for Week 15 = 0.4%
Total % Weight Loss = 7.3%

Sorry for the absence of my blogging last week.  I just couldn't decide what I wanted to blog about.  I'm pretty much getting sick of this plateau that I seem to be stuck on.  It's flat, it's boring, and not very exciting to report on 1 pound down, 1 pound up.  But don't you fret, I'm back and I am using my buddies to help.

So all three of us involved in the weight loss challenge, "Unleash the Skinny Girls!", have plateaued.  We have thought of incentives to help us be motivated more, but they just don't seem to be helping.  I mean, one of us has a brand new IPhone waiting to be used when she gets down another 10 pounds.  It's not me, but hot dog, that would be a pretty nice incentive.  Yet, none of us seem to be motivated on a day to day basis.  Yes, there has been some perks of the 20 pound weight loss so far.  My clothes are all baggy and getting too big.  I went shopping this last weekend and bought a size Large instead of an Extra Large, and now I'm thinking I probably should have gotten a medium size.  Went to Lagoon with friends last weekend and I fit in the seats so much better than before.  Those are all great perks of the weight loss, but it just hasn't seemed to be everlasting throughout the week.  UNTIL.....I found my buddies again.  All three of us have decided we're sick of this and we're getting off the plateau.  So we're using FatSecret.com diligently and tracking all of our calories EVERY DAY and we are trying to be under 1700 calories EVERY DAY.  I am checking their food diaries and they are checking mine.  So far it's really helping me.  I've been more conscious of what and how much I'm eating.  I also am trying to be active EVERY DAY for at least 30 minutes or more.  One of my friends had suggested trying out the 30 Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels.  Last night was my first night using it, and it kicked my butt!  So thank you buddies.  Thank you for your suggestions and recommendations (keep them coming!).  Thank you for helping me stick to my goals when we hang out.  Thank you for asking me how it is going each time I see you.  Thank you for reading my blog (I have over 1000 hits on my blog now, whoa!).  Thank you for working on this with me so we can succeed together.  You all rock.  Now it's my turn to ROCK IT OUT for this next weigh in on Tuesday.

P.S.  I promise to blog next Tuesday night.  It will be interesting too.  :)  No more slacking off.  I also plan to post new pictures once I get down to 25 pounds.  4 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're doing the shred! Now... just stick with it past day 3... it's always day 3 or 4 that about 5 mintues into it I just wanna quit, but don't let yourself quit--it's ONLY 20 minutes... You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I feel so much better since I have been keeping it within the same kcals daily. This has also helped to curb my emotional eating. I really have to think about what I need/want to eat before I just mindlessly eat it. Plateaus suck, but they are a great time to reevaluate and switch things up. We just have to have the mind set of "I am going to loose this weight no matter what life throws at me!". It may take a few weeks to get out of the slums, but with that attitude we cannot go wrong. And amen to having buddies! It is nice to know that others are going through the same thing we are and be able to give good advice when we hit those plateaus. You Rock Jillian! No matter what goes wrong (broken fingers or toes) we are going to keep on trucking until we loose the weight and get to that goal weight!

    ReplyDelete