This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ban the Under Doggies! No More Under Doggies!

Week 17
Week 17 Weight Loss = 3 pounds
% Weight Loss for Week 17 = 1.2%
Total Weight Loss = 24 pounds (If I make it to 25 pounds next week, I will take a new picture for the blog.)
Total % Weight Loss = 8.8%


So for the past couple weeks (okay, okay.....month!) my weight loss results have been quite a bit under what I have been wanting them to be.  I could make up a lot of excuses, which I will just for fun. 

Vacations - In the month of July I was out of town every weekend, except one.
Too Hot - It's sometimes uncomfortable to work out when it's hot outside and inside.
Birthday - Calories don't count on birthdays.  Remember?
Stress of getting older - Calories do count on birthdays, especially when your body is getting older and unable to tolerate them like they used to when you were young. So why bother, you can't prevent getting older.  Calories go right to the thighs!
Plateau - Oh, I'm just on a plateau right now.  This weight loss thing will start working again later.

Yup, that's right.  You did say it.  LAME EXCUSES!  I did use all of those excuses, except for one.  Can you guess which one?  So enough of that.  This week's weight loss rocked!  Which is funny, because I could have totally used one of the best excuses ever (I broke/ sprained/ jammed my big toe giving my niece an under doggie on the swing set.  Watch out for that cement side walk!) and yet I didn't.  Instead I sucked it up and worked out anyways.  My injury occurred on Saturday, yet I went to the gym and did a Zumba video at home on Monday.  Perhaps my Zumba form wasn't the best with putting most of my weight on the side of my foot, but I still burned some calories.  So no more blaming it on this and that.  The only person/thing to blame for my lack of results for the last month is me.  I am sick of having under doggie weight loss results.  So for now on I am banning the under doggie from my life (sorry Sadie, I will just have to teach you how to swing on the swing set properly next time).  My results are going to be consistent.  My techniques are going to be consistent - daily physical activity, monitoring caloric intake to caloric output (thank you Fatsecret.com!), and making healthy food choices.  Good luck to you all.  I'll check back in with you next week, and once again the results are going to rock! 

*Disclaimer:  When giving someone an under doggie while pushing them on a swing set, it is best form to watch where you are running.  Especially if you are in a playground with a large cement barrier/ sidewalk in close proximity.  Cement + open toe sandals + a church dress + not paying attention to where you are going = pain and embarrassment.  Especially when your 6 year old nephew is laughing and tells you he saw your underwear as you are laying on your stomach with grass stains on your face and a very injured big toe.  Ban the under doggies! 

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! 3 pounds is awesome! You can totally surpass your 25 lb goal this week. And just think how much better you must feel not carrying around that extra weight. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JIllian,
    Keep going. You are really doing great and I am happy for you.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it wasn't my daughter you were pushing. ;)
    Great job on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Work! If you want me to take your milestone glammor shots I would be happy to do so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was kind of funny! Great job on the weight loss, are we going to get those shoes at 25 lbs? Maybe Saturday, I guess you could say that being a klutz runns in the family, you should see my eye, I ran into a glass door in the hotel, knocked it off the track and boy do I have a swollen eyebrow and nose. Glammor coming out everywhere! Keep up the great work, see ya Sat.

    ReplyDelete