This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gas Station Lunch!

Week 20
Week 20 weight loss = 1 pound
Total Weight Loss = 28 pounds
Week 20 % Weight Loss = 0.39%
Total % Weight Loss = 10.03%

So things are still just going down slow and steady.  Next week is a new month and I plan to be down 30 pounds.  Sound good? 

So I just thought I'd tell you about my delicious lunch that I had today.  So as you saw in my previous post, my car was wrecked.  It ended up getting totalled.  So I bought a new one (2011 Hyundai Sonata) and it had a recall to align the steering that needed to be done today.  Typically I go home for lunch to save money and calories.  I forgot to pack a lunch to take with me today.  SO, I went with my coworkers to get some food @ the gas station.

1 Oscar Meyer Deli Creations Turkey, Ham, Swiss, and Cheddar lunchable = 340 calories
1 pkg Blue Diamond Lime n Chili Almonds = 260 calories
1 pkg of Kellogg's Cherry Fruity Snacks = 160 calories
1 Diet Dr Pepper = 0 calories
1 Snyder's Chocolate Dipped Pretzel (that's right, just one!) = 28 calories
Total Gas Station Lunch Calories = 788 calories!

So not TOO bad for a gas station lunch, but not great.  There wasn't any fresh fruit or vegetables @ the gas station, that would have been a better option than the Fruity Snacks.  It probably would have been less calories to get some baked potato chips instead of the almonds.  But the almonds were really tasty and there are great health benefits from almonds, so I don't feel too bad.  Overall I am pretty pleased with my gas station lunch.  It's hard to find healthy choices, especially at a ghetto gas station on S. Main street in SLC. 

2 comments:

  1. My packed lunch today was much much better. Mango, baby carrots, and homemade chili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did pretty good seeing as I would have went straight for a hot dog! Good work lady! I am proud of your success.

    ReplyDelete