This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Having a Relationship with my Pizza

Week 14
Week 14 Weight Loss = 3 pounds
Week 14 % Weight Loss = 1.16%
Total Weight Loss = 19 pounds
Total % Weight Loss = 6.93%

Well this week things are looking like they are going to get back on track. I lost some of the weight that I regained last week. Overall I had a great week when it came to my diet. I actually ate out quite a bit (I need to go grocery shopping!) but I chose healthy options the majority of the time and stuck to my calorie goals. It also helped that I got a major food borne illness TWICE this past week. The first time was on Wednesday/Thursday and I just had stomach pains. Friday it hit me like a rock after eating at Tickles Greek restaurant. I will never EVER eat there again and don't recommend it to anyone, even though I am pretty sure it was probably from something else I previously ate. I also did really well with my physical activity level too. So I am just going to try to stick to the plan this week and hopefully next week I will have a weight loss too. No more roller coaster weight loss ride!

This past week I went and saw Eat, Pray, Love. I really enjoyed the book and recommend you read the book even if you didn't care for the movie all that much. The movie storyline was pretty slow, but the cinematography was beautiful and the whole concept is very enticing. The food stylists did a really good job. If you haven't seen it yet, I don't recommend seeing it on an empty stomach. This was one of my favorite parts of the movie. I like her justification in eating pizza in Naples. I mean come on! You're in Naples! When I go to Italy (the overall prize/ goal for the end of the weight loss journey) I do plan on eating pizza (maybe a whole pizza to myself!). I've been learning how to enjoy the foods that I love without feeling guilty about eating them. All foods are allowed in my diet. It just takes a little bit of adjustments in other areas when I indulge. I'm still working out the kinks in the process, but so far I can tell it's going to work out in the long run. Luckily if my plan does work I won't be having to go buy big girl jeans very much longer! :) Enjoy the clip!


1 comment:

  1. That is a good clip! I will have to borrow the book from you if you have it. When are you going to come play tennis with me for your workout??

    ReplyDelete