This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ridin' the Roller Coaster!!!!!!

Previous Goal:  20 pound weight loss by my birthday on July 20th. 

Week 10
Weight Loss = 4 pounds
% Weight Loss for Week 10 = 1.5%
Total Weight Loss = 21#
Total % Weight Loss = 7.66%

I was SO STOKED to meet my goal.  In celebration I went and got my hair cut.  Of course I also partied like a rock star, it was my birthday.  So in birthday fashion, I didn't really care about what I ate that day.  I did go to the gym for an hour that morning, but it definitely didn't help create a big calorie deficit by the end of the day.  That day I went to lunch and had sushi followed by a trip to a French bakery for a delicious chocolate eclair.  I went to dinner that night with the girls, but I picked a pretty good meal overall (halibut and orzo pasta with artichokes and mushrooms, yum!).  Then we finished the night with a birthday party at my house, which included yummy sweets and ice cream cake.  Too say the least, I was WELL above my calories.  But calories don't count on your birthday, right? 

That's right.  They don't count on your birthday.  But they do count the day after, the day after that, and the day after that too.  We had birthday treats at work the day after my birthday and the day after that.  Then I went to Las Vegas and St. George for the weekend.  Road trips are never great for a weight loss plan.  We ate out at every meal except for one, and it was mostly fast food.  I also worked out only twice in the last week after my birthday.  So, to say the least I have bad results to report for week 11.  Here we go! 

Week 11
Weight Loss = 0 (Gained 3 pounds instead)
% Weight Loss for Week 11 = 0%
Total Weight Loss = 18 pounds
Total % Weight Loss = 6.57%

So I had a bit of a roller coaster experience the past two weeks.  I kicked it into high gear to make it up the hill to meet the goal of 20# and then quickly accelerated back down to my old ways once I got to the top.  Luckily I know the different barrel rolls and loopy loops to work through to get ready to start the climb back to the top again.  The barrel rolls to work through are going to be to start logging my foods again (I haven't tracked my calories for about 2 weeks, boo!), no more exceptions on foods (it's okay if I eat this since I worked out today), more consistent workouts (4-5 times/ week for an hour and a half).  I know, I know!  I go over these different things every time I have a bad week.  It just goes to show that CONSISTENCY is key!  Especially when riding the roller coaster.  Life will always throw it's ups and downs during a weight loss plan, it's just important to hold on tight so you don't go off track.  So it's time to buckle in, now that the barrel rolls are over, and prepare to climb to the top again.  I WILL be back to a 20 pound weight loss by the next weigh in. 

P.S.  Sorry for not posting last week or on time this week.  I was super busy all last week, especially Tuesday since it was my birthday.  Then I decided to go to bed at 9pm last night instead of posting.  But I will be better, especially since I know that people are following and interested in my results.  It's a great motivation. 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing AWESOME! And your birthday dinner sounds delicous... I had a quickly thrown together sandwich with lunchmeat that the husband picked out (read: cheap lunchmeat)for dinner tonight. BUT my dear sweet husband made it for me in the midst of earth shattering baby screams that had prevented me from making anything even somewhat resembling a real meal. So he was my hero and that sandwich was very tasty. ♥ Next time I'll ask him to throw together some halibut and orzo pasta with artichokes and mushrooms instead... I wonder how that would go over?

    ReplyDelete