This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Recipe Time!!!!

Easy Vegetable Primavera

Ingredients:

1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small/ medium sliced zucchini
1 small/medium sliced yellow squash
1 small diced onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
salt, pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp Basil (or to your taste preference)
1 jar of Marinara sauce (I typically use a Roasted Garlic and Onion sauce)
Parmesan Cheese
(May add any other vegetables you prefer.  Other ideas are carrots, eggplant, etc)

Cooking Directions:

Step 1:  Cut peppers in julienne strips.
Step 2:  Slice mushrooms, zucchini, and squash.
Step 3:  Dice onion.
Step 4:  Combine in baking dish.
Step 5:  Add basil, salt and pepper, minced garlic and stir so evenly distributed.
Step 6:  Add Marinara sauce and stir to evenly cover vegetables.
Step 8:  Sprinkle top w/ Parmesan Cheese.
Step 7:  Bake in oven @ 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to preference.

Can serve by itself, with chicken or fish.  Yum Yum!  Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment