This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Good News ALL Around!!!!!!

WEEK 12:

Weight Loss:  5 pounds
% Weight Loss:  1.9%
Total Weight Loss:  21 pounds
Total % Weight Loss:  7.7%

This has been my best weight loss week so far.  And of course, all I did was go back to the basics.  I did exactly what I have been talking about needing to do from week to week.  I tracked my calories, picked better options, and increased my physical activity.  It feels good to be back to the 20 pound weight loss mark again. 

One extra exciting thing that happened today was I found out that the scale I use to weigh myself on was more accurate than I thought!  I've been using my roommate's bathroom scale for months now and I thought it was off by 6 pounds.  So every time I weigh myself I add 6 pounds to what is reported on the scale.  As I was telling my roommate about this, she informed me that the scale was only off by 4 pounds (WHAT????).  To get down to the bottom of the situation, I got our scale and our other roommate's scale and did a comparison AND................................she was right (that's right, I admitted that you were right)!  The difference was only 4 pounds, not 6!!!!!  Just to double check, when I got back to work 10 minutes later I compared her scale to 2 scales at work and they were showing that it was only a 4 pound difference too.  That means, I've been losing a little bit more than I thought.  Yay! 

Another exciting thing that happened this past week was the fact that I am wearing a pair of my skinnier jeans with comfort now.  Woot woot!  Those jeans have been sitting in my closet (on the skinnier clothes shelf) for a couple of years now.  In addition to that, I can actually put on my skinniest jeans too, they just can't button up quite yet (they are ones that I was wearing when I was a lot skinnier about 5+ years ago).  It's a good thing that fashion tends to revolve quite a bit back to old styles.  Also a good thing that I buy a lot of my basics in classic trends that flatter my body so they never will go out of style.  This is going to help me save a couple dollars as I change sizes with this whole weight loss thing.  It also helps that Angie and I both have our skinnier shelves and we are swapping out clothes to share as we go along the downward trend.  I just don't know what we're going to do when we get smaller than our skinnier clothes (and we will!).  Okay, I DO KNOW......a little thing I like to call shopping.  I think I can handle it.  ;) 

Tomorrow I head off to Idaho for the good ol' family reunion.  Typically I am very worried about not doing well with the whole weight loss thing when going on vacation, but this time I'm not.  My family is all VERY supportive of what I am trying to accomplish.  Most of my family is also working on a healthier lifestyle and weight too, so hopefully we can keep it going together this weekend.  We're already planning on running (I'm going to slowly jog/walk) a 5k.  I'm sure my mom has figured out what days (early mornings) we'll go to the gym to work out.  And we should have overall healthy food throughout the weekend.  If not, I will just try to be conscious about what I eat and I give FULL LIBERTY to my family to comment to me if I do try to eat poorly.  I need their help with this.  So here's to the family reunion that won't inhibit my weight loss.  I'll let you know how it goes next week. 

P.S.  Last time I saw my nephews they commented on how much bigger I was than their mom.  Hopefully that won't be such a big temptation for them this time.  But there's no guarantee on that considering we are going swimming.  Got to love kids and their honesty.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment