This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Dreaded Post.......

The time has come.  Yes, it's time to post the dreaded post.  Those of you who have followed the blog from the beginning probably already know what I am about to report without even having to read on further.  Here's to those of you who haven't quite figured it out yet.

Week 8 = 2 pound weight gain
Week 8 % weight loss = 0
Total Weight loss = 14#
Total % Weight Loss = 5.12%

Yup, that sucks.  So what happened?  Well the weekend happened.  This weekend I went on a road trip all weekend long for the 4th of July.  I am not going to lie, it was WAY fun and totally worth it.  It just sucks to get the repercussions of not working out and relaxing on the eating habits.  But as said in the past, this is not the end.  Just because I gained weight this week doesn't mean I have to give up and stop.  Instead, it just reminds me that I can pick up the pace again and start posting the big numbers.  And that is the plan. 

Road Trip Downfalls:
     -  Not working out on a daily basis.  We did go hiking in the Tetons by Jackson Hole one day and we
        walked around Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole a little bit, but it didn't add up to my usual physical activity
        level.  Plus, there was a lot of sitting in the car.
     -  Not choosing the healthier option on the menu.  The tater tots @ Taco Maker, the loaded sweet potato
        @ Texas Roadhouse (yum!), drinking the whole bottle of Reed's Dairy Chocolate Milk (450 calories in
        one bottle), the side of sausage patties @ breakfast in Jackson, the regular serving of Aggie Ice Cream
        instead of the kiddie size (but admittedly, that was SO worth it!), getting the focacia bread and a
        Chicken Club Sandwich @ Firehouse and eating it ALL!  I could have definitely adjusted my choices 
        and serving sizes.
     -  Choosing unhealthy snacks for the trip.  I didn't really have anything healthy for snacking on the trip. 
        Vanilla flavored Tootsie Rolls, Milk Chocolate Cinnamon Bears, Gummy Worms, Sunflower Seeds, 
        and Chex Mix = lots of sugar and lots of salt!  Next time I need to be better about getting healthy
        snacks to munch on. 

Goal:  Total Weight Loss by July 20th (my birthday!) is 20 pounds. 

That means I need to lose at least 6 pounds in the next 2 weeks (14 days).  I feel that is very possible.  I am going to go back to the basics, which are:
          -  Work out daily for 60 or more minutes.  Lots of cardio people!
          -  Choose healthy options @ meal and snack time.  I already gave away my leftover milk chocolate
             covered cinnamon bears from my road trip. 
          - Drink LOTS of water!
          - Track calories EVERY DAY, I slacked off on that this weekend since I didn't have a computer
             handy, even though I could have used the app on my phone.  :( 
          - More sleep.  It's been shown that the more sleep you get @ night can help with weight loss and
             maintenance.  I think it's related to reducing stress. 

So I hope you all aren't too disappointed.  I'm sure you all knew this day was coming when I would report a bad week.  But if it makes you feel better, I am disappointed in myself.  But I can turn that disappointment into motivation easily.  I know I can do better than gaining weight, even with a road trip and holiday.  My birthday and another 3 day weekend holiday are coming up later this month.  I know it will go a lot better next time. 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I feel your pain. My trainer always said that road trips were the hardest because people tend to go wild. He says maintenance on a road trip is key and people really shouldn't be looking to LOSE weight, just maintain. Good luck on your 20 lbs loss goal. That is a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a holiday. You've got to give yourself a break for special occasions. Fortunately, after your birthday the next big holiday isn't until Labor Day (in September) so hopefully you'll get a break from all the temptations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it happens, I had a weight gain over the weekend too. Luckly so far I have lost 2 of those lbs in water! My trainer always says it is probably water, I'm not sure about that, but it sure comes on fast, and goes away slow. Keep up the good work, you'll have a awsome weight loss this week.

    ReplyDelete