This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Guess who's back!!!

It's time to start up the weight loss blog again.  I have pretty much taken a 6 month sabbatical from blogging, sorry friends.  But it was all for a good reason.  I was busy busy dating, then being engaged, and getting married to the love of my life.  Vagner and I got engaged in April and then life just got really busy between planning our wedding, work, and continuing to lose weight that I didn't take time to blog.  We got married on August 17th, best day EVER!  Now a little over a month later, things have slowed down a little bit now, except life is completely different, for the good.  :) 

I am down to my 50# mark, 239#.  Sadly I was actually down more than that come wedding day.  I was down to 232#.  But I am back on track and ready to get down to the 100# mark!  Oh yeah!  Vagner has helped me a lot lately.  We have been focusing on eating healthy at home, when we eat out, exercising together, and just encouraging each other.  Which has helped so much.  I've been sick off and on since we got married, so the exercising hasn't been as consistent as it needs to be.  I've also noticed that I have been allowing myself to have a little too much sugar lately.  It's like I will tell myself that I've done so good and let myself have a little bit here and there, but that adds up.  So I've made a list of goals to accomplish for October 2012.  Here they are:

No sugar.  That's right my friends.  In the month where most people over consume sugar, I am going to go on a sugar fast.  It doesn't mean I can't enjoy going to parties, work potlucks, etc.  All it means is that I am going to make better choices when I am there. 

Weight training at least 3 or more times per week.  I have been slacking off on my weight training lately and just focused more on cardio.  I have seen in the past that weight training can really help my results, so it's time to get focused on that again.  Luckily I have a great weight trainer in my own home. 

Run more.  I HATE running, but last year when I was running daily I had better results too.  So the goal is that by October 31st, I will be able to run 1 mile nonstop.  I know a lot of you think that is not a big deal, but for me it is.  Again, I HATE running!  I would rather zumba all day long than have to run but if I want the results, I know that means stretching my abilities. 

Track my calories on a daily basis.  This has also been key to my success in the past.  I am going to use my Calorie Counter app until I get my new phone and then will probably upgrade to My Fitness Pal (I promise I will do that Angie!).  Tracking kcals can definitely help me make better choices and keep a healthy balance over the long run. 

That's all my friends.  Some minor adjustments and hopefully I will start seeing more results again.  I will check in again at the end of the month and let you know how it went.  Hope you all are doing good with your weight loss efforts.  What have you found to be helpful with weight loss? 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, Jill!!! :-) PS: MyFitnessPal rocks. I've been doing it and I love it. Except I totally slacked last week, but...it's still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this blog still exist? It should.

    ReplyDelete