This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm Sorry My Blog Reading Friends!

Man!  I am sorry for the lack of posting since November.  Man, that's lame that I have been slacking.  BUT, I haven't been slacking too much with the weight loss work.  As of this morning, I have 1/2 pound to lose to be down a total of 50 pounds.  Crazy!  But the work will not be over once I hit that mark, I will have about another 40-50 pounds to lose.  Oy Vey!  I know I can do it.  I just have to remember that it's going to take time. 
Things that have been helping with losing weight:
*Angie!  She is the biggest help in this whole endeavor.  Even though we can get off track from time to time, working together and encouraging each other has helped a lot. 
*Vagner - he has helped motivate me A LOT over the past couple of months, especially seeing how well he is doing with his own weight loss.
*Mom - can't lecture her about what she needs to do if I'm not doing it myself, right?  She is doing great, even with recovering from knee surgery.  Keep going Mom!
*Not eating out as often.  I have been trying to either eat at home or take my lunch with me to work.  When I do eat out, I try to look for healthier options.  Sushi is the best for this!  Not the fried sushi, the other good stuff (okay, yes fried sushi is good too but not that good for you!). 
*Trying to get at least 60 minutes of exercise a day.  I LOVE that I can work out for a half hour after my lunch break @ work.  That helps a lot.  Lately I have been enjoying doing Jillian Michael's DVDs again, such as 30 Day Shred and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.  She kicks my trash and I LOVE it!
*Tracking calories!  Tracking what you eat totally helps.  I have noticed that my weight loss is best when I am actively tracking calories.  Helps me plan my meals throughout the day and also gives me encouragement to increase my activity level when my calories are a little higher than my goal range.

No comments:

Post a Comment