This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This Is My Confession............

FIVE WEEKS DOWN and weight to report again.  You are probably thinking that I have bad news to report per the title of this post but it actually wasn't too bad this week considering what else I have to report. 

Week 5 Weight Loss = 3 pounds
Week 5 % Weight Loss = 1.14%
Total Weight Loss = 13.5 pounds
Total % Weight Loss = 4.94%

Another WOOHOOO week.  But as I said before,  I do have some confessions to make.  It has been awesome to hear from close and distant friends about how reading my blog has inspired and motivated them.  Which I am grateful for because it overall has really inspired and motivated me to keep progressing and trying to make you all proud.  BUT I did have some downfalls during week 5 that I am not very proud of.  So here it is..................MY CONFESSION:

I did really well Tuesday thru Thursday.  Worked out really well on Tuesday and Wednesday and followed my calorie limits really well too.  Thursday I had a great workout doing Zumba and free weights with my mom when she was in town.  Plus, even though my mom and I were playing all day, we choose healthy choices when we were eating out and kept within our goal range for calories.  Then things turned for the worse.  Friday and Saturday I didn't work out at ALL!  I was planning to work out on Friday night after work but instead I went out to dinner with a friend (I ate a bacon blue cheese hamburger, sweet potato fries (which I shared!), onion rings, finished off with a German chocolate brownie - yup went WAY over my calorie limits) and then I went to a coworkers party (had a couple bites of their delicious food), and then went to a movie.  So YUP, no working out on Friday.  Saturday was followed by sleeping in until I went car browsing with my parents, shopping and to lunch with Ashley, and then to dinner and a movie with a group of friends.  Everything was back to back on Saturday, so I didn't fit in working out again AND I ate poorly too.  Way over my calorie range once again.  I was very disappointed with myself by Sunday morning.  My predictions for the weigh in for Week 5 was looking very bleak! 

So what did I do?  I watched my calories and food choices closer on Sunday and went for a walk.  Then I definitely watched my calories and food choices on Monday and worked out hard core at Zumba and rode the stationary bike for a half hour after.  I think the best thing that I did was realize my downfalls for the week and then I decided to pick it up and start over again the next day.  Weight loss is like that.  You have to expect that every once in a while you are going to slip up.  Plus so you don't go crazy, you DO have to indulge every once in a while too.  The most important thing to do is realize that tomorrow is another day.  Yes, you may have to try harder for the next couple of days but it is possible to recover from bad days.  It's like the phrase from a song, "if at first you don't succeed, brush yourself off and try again.  Brush yourself off and try again, try again, try again."  And that's the plan everyone.  I'm going to just keep on trying and hopefully will get lucky from time to time again after I do slip up every once in a while.   

7 comments:

  1. You are so awesome!! Definitely an inspiring blog to read! I am gonna go workout now haha :)Thanks for the motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way it goes will all kinds of self-improvement. You can't give up when you slip up, tomorrow is a new day.

    Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating out was always the most difficult thing for me. I am a social person. And a Mormon person. That equals lots of socializing around food. I had to literally eat BEFORE I went out with my friends to dinner and let them know I was just there for the company. At first they felt slightly awkward about it, but to this day (when I am focusing on weight GAIN and not loss) I can still 'go out to lunch' with buddies and let them know that I won't be eating, I am just there for the gossip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has to have a good cheeseburger every once and a while right?? You are doing so well!!! Keep up the good work. Call me when you are going for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I know where your 3 lbs went. Thanks for the good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing!! Reading your blog has inspired me to give up soda..this is going to be hard!! My Diet Coke and I are like one heart beating! haha but if you can do it then so can I!!!

    ReplyDelete