This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Feel Like I Cheated Because I Enjoyed It SO MUCH.......

So tonight I had a last minute change of plans that made it so I needed to go to the gym instead of exercising outside.  Sometimes the gym just seems so drab and repetitive, especially on a nice beautiful evening.  At the gym you see the same people.  You hear the same songs.  You smell the same sweaty muggy smells.  It is definitely not one of my favorite places to be.  BUT...................tonight I found the inspiration and motivation to stay at the gym a whole hour longer than normal. 

TA DA!!!!!
So You Think You Can Dance
(Disclaimer:  Do not judge me for being obsessed with this show.  I have danced ever since I was a little girl.  Dance has always been a big part of my life and will always be a big part of my life.  I LOVE dance!)

Yes, that's right.  A television show kept me at the gym an hour longer than I normal would have stayed.  Tonight's episode was 2 hours long.  I knew I wanted to watch it, but I also knew I needed to go to the gym.  So a little light came on in my head and reminded me that my gym has individual TVs on the cardio equipment.  So I was able to do both!  I was literally planning to only stay for an hour and then watch the rest at home.  But the show was great, my workout was going good, so I stayed.  Yay!  Now an additional game plan that I will be implementing is that if I am planning to watch a television show (I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance, so I will be watching it all summer!) by myself at home I will instead watch it by myself at the gym.  Then I can kill two birds (and hopefully multiple pounds!) with one stone.  I know a lot of you are thinking, "I already do that silly", but this is just going to be another small thing that I want to do to help keep me going to the same old smelly, repetitive gym.  It's all about small adjustments that make the big overall picture better. 

1 comment:

  1. Cardio Cinema keeps Alan at the gym until the movie is over as well:) Happily we don't have cable so if I want to watch something I've GOT to go to the gym

    ReplyDelete