This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

UNLEASH THE SKINNY GIRLS!!!!!!!!

So my coworkers (who are also great friends) and I are doing a public weight loss competition now.  It's between Angie, Ashley, and I.  We are all obese dietitians, and we're all about the same body weight and BMI based on our heights and weight, which will make it an even competition.  We are all dietitians who are ready to practice what we preach and unleash the skinny girls. 


We have made posters that each of us have hung up in a public area of our offices.  The posters list each of our names and each Tuesday we are going to write down our pounds of weight lost and also our % body weight lost.  The idea is that all of our coworkers will see it and hopefully it will be motivating to have the numbers get bigger and bigger so we don't embarrass ourselves in front of everyone.  So far it has worked great for me (it has only  been two days!).  It's working because every morning I see it when I walk into work and it reminds me of my goals to eat healthy throughout the day.  As I leave to go home for lunch it is right there to remind me to eat healthy.  And as I leave to go home it's there again!  We are going to track our weight loss at least through the summer and hopefully for a year. 

Another thing we are doing is tracking our food intake and exercise on the online program, Fatsecret.com.  So far I really like the program.  It has a good food database to look up the foods that you eat to track calories.  It lists out a variety of brands and options to choose from, you then put in the serving size, and it lists your nutritional intake for each of the foods.  The program also lets you enter your exercise and it estimates, based on your weight/ height, how many calories you would have burned.  Another great part is it's a social network that allows friends (Angie and Ashley) to see my food intake and exercise.  We can send each other e-mails for encouragement and motivation.  If you want to join and be friends, let me know!  Let's help each other be healthier!

I am really excited for this competition.  Even though it is a competition, I want us all to be successful in our weight loss attempts.  I think we all deserve it and that this is going to be a great opportunity for each of us.  I am grateful that Ashley and Angie are willing to do this with me.  I am grateful for my family's support in my weight loss efforts too (plus I have to be able to run the 5K for our family reunion this year!  YIKES!).  I am also grateful to my close friends for their support in helping me keep on track on a day to day basis.  Lastly I am grateful for the opportunity to try out for the Biggest Loser.  Even though I didn't get on the show, the opportunity has provided me great motivation to do it on my own.  I'm not going to be skinny enough to try out for the show again.  It's my time!

5 comments:

  1. Jillian! I'm so excited about this. Way to go girl. You're inspiring.

    -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with ya Jillian! Zumba here we come! :) You can do it! (We can do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) good work. I really love it. I seriously could talk healthy eating and working out all day long! As a person who has been where you are, it will be a great journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are really bringing it! You are going to be some fierce competition! I mean it when I say...Your my inspiration! We are going to do this! You know I am just jealous that you and Ashley both have a hot BL photo. I may have to get on the spandex and take one. You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How's it going? Will you be updating us weekly? I love you Jillian!! ♥

    ReplyDelete