This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Down!!!!!!

The title has more meaning than just one week down.  So today was our weigh in.  I was very nervous because I checked my weight last Thursday and I was the same weight.  Then I had a busy weekend and didn't have a set work out on Saturday or Sunday, so I was scared that I would either still be the same or even had gained weight.

Well this morning I checked my weight and I was down one pound.  So my current weight is now 273#.  Now of course I was hoping for more.  Who wouldn't after the week I had?   Last week as you can see on the exercise log on the right hand of the page, I worked out at least an hour or more everyday except Saturday and Sunday.  I also tracked my calories.  My overall goal is to be between 1600-1800 calories each day.  I did pretty good for the most part.  Here is what last week's caloric intake was:

Mon 17th: 1972 kcals
fat: 69.67g  protein: 79.08g   carbs: 274.18g

Sun 16th: 1768 kcals
fat: 69.15g   protein: 72.87g   carbs: 230.28g

Sat 15th: 2359 kcals
fat: 106.65g   protein: 92.92g   carbs: 229.96g

Fri 14th: 1707 kcals
fat: 54.19g   protein: 117.81g   carbs: 203.29g

Thu 13th: 1580 kcals
fat: 67.76g   protein: 88.57g   carbs: 174.44g

Wed 12th: 1512 kcals
fat: 35.13g   protein: 59.84g   carbs: 247.25g

Tue 11th: 1614 kcals 
fat: 46.52g  protein: 107.19g  carbs: 184.24g

Saturday turned out to not be so great.  The downfall????  I ate out twice.  But when I was eating out I thought I was picking some better options.  But not quite the case.  Plus I didn't eat breakfast on Saturday so I think I overcompensated too much with lunch and dinner.  But overall my calories were within my goal range for 5 out of the 7 days.  Yet, I still only had a one pound weight loss.  Time for a new game plan for this week.
 
THE NEW GAME PLAN:
 
So this week I am planning on working out everyday, except for Sunday.  I was only doing 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training.  Now I plan to do 60 minutes of cardio.  I also am going to adjust my weight training.  I have been lifting heavier weight than what I think I should have.  So I am going to cut the amount of weight I typically lift in half and do 3 sets of 12 reps.  That way it will be more of toning than muscle building (let's be real, I definitely don't need to add more bulk). 
 
For the diet I am going to be better about tracking my caloric intake throughout the day instead of at the end of the day.  That way I can adjust my eating as needed.  Which actually worked really well today.  I knew I only had about 250 calories left for dinner, so I stuck to some Weight Control Banana Bread oatmeal (160 calories) and a fat free homemade muffin (about 130 calories).  I LOVE the Weight Control Banana Bread oatmeal.  It is SO yummy and totally fills you up.  The muffins are to be used for breakfast the rest of the week so I can eat on the run and jump start my metabolism first thing in the morning.  I didn't add any oil or eggs to the mix and they still turned out great.  Yay for blueberry poppyseed lemon muffins.  Yum yum! 
 
So, not quite the success that I wanted this week with the weight loss.  But at least it was a negative number, right?  I will let you know how next week goes.  And let you know more along the way.  Now get out there and do something to make you feel good (Yup!  Stole that from the BL theme song!).

3 comments:

  1. I think that one pound is AWESOME. Remember that you are building muscle too so I'm sure that you burnt more fat than you realize. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jillina, how are you keeping track of your cals (fat and protein and carbs)? I have started a food journal, but I have a hard time believing I am totally accurate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To track calories, fat, protein, carbs I use the free website, fatsecret.com. It's great! You can enter the foods you eat and your exercise and it figures out the rest. You should try it out!

    ReplyDelete