This is my public weight loss journey! I am an obese Registered Dietitian who has all the knowledge to lose weight and yet I can't. After not being accepted on the Biggest Loser for Season 10 I am officially going to do it on my own! I figure if I was willing to be on national television showing my weight and being humiliated, why not make a blog about it instead? I am going to show you videos, pictures, talk about the ups and downs of losing weight, talk about eating healthy, recipes, and so on and so on. So sit back and enjoy the journey!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my picture I submitted for the Biggest Loser audition. I had to purposely show all 279 pounds.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hmmph!

Why is it that when you are ready to be all "go get em' Jillian!" that something always seems to interrupt that motivation and ambition?  So I totally had a bummer of a week last week with my exercise and eating right, because I was sicker than a dog.  I started getting sick about two weeks ago.  It was quite a weird sickness.  It started two Thursdays ago with me getting the aches and a slight fever after zumba, followed by laryngitis on Saturday and Sunday, to congestion/ runny nose with the aches/ cough/ fever/ etc on Monday - Wednesday, to a full voice on Thursday but nasty cough and tickling/ scratchy throat until this Monday.  I even stayed home from work two days in a row, which is very uncharacteristic for me.  To say the least, this illness made me take a break from exercise and eating super healthy.  I only worked out a total of like 4 hours last week.  Yikes!  And it's sad to say, but the numbers are reflecting this.  On my weigh on Tuesday morning morning, I was up 4 pounds!  Yuck!  Luckily I am feeling better now and getting back to work.  I've already lost 2 pounds (according to my scale, so that's good.  I have to really push it for the next week or I'm going to be paying for some other people's dinner in NYC next weekend.  But like I've said in the past, all it takes is getting refocused and back to work.  I know what to do, I just need to do it. 
Here's to a week of exercise and healthy eating! 
Good luck to you all too!  Hope you're doing better than me.  Let's push it hard before the big "eating" holidays hit.  You can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Go, Jillian, go! I have read your blog, but am excited to now follow it... but I do think it's time to replace the cupcake background with something to reflect your healthy lifestyle! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete